Sunday, April 3, 2011

SOURCE CODE - Movie Review



Fandango Blurb:

Jake Gyllenhaal headlines this sci-fi time-travel thriller directed by Moon's Duncan Jones from a script by Ben Ripley and Billy Ray. A bomb explodes on a Chicago train, derailing the locomotive and killing hundreds. In an attempt to identify the bomber and prevent another, larger attack on downtown Chicago, Captain Colter Stevens (Gyllenhaal) agrees to take part in a clandestine government experiment dubbed "Source Code," which allows him to enter the body of a male passenger during the eight minutes before the man is killed. But during his first trip back, Capt. Stevens fails to gather enough clues to prevent the second attack. With time quickly running out, he repeats the mission ad nauseam in a desperate race to head off one of the most deadly terrorist attacks ever to take place on American soil.

My 2cents :-D


I have to tell you, I didn't want to go see this movie. My husband dragged me out on a 'date' night and it was his turn to pick the movie. When it first started I was as disoriented as the character seemed. I didn't know what was going on. But I have to admit, it kept me engaged with the tension and the unfolding of the truths. Now the rewind of the scenes over and over again - I have to admit, annoyed me a bit. However, each time he'd find out something more, or the scene would change in small ways to help you figure out who the bomber was. Now, I did figure out the movie's plot about half-way through (I don't know maybe it's the writer in me) but I liked the way it unfolded and how at the end it was nicely summed up. I give this a 2.5 flashbacks since I enjoyed myself, but I wasn't overly wowed. I didn't fall asleep and stayed engaged and entertained throughout the movie.

7 comments:

Tabitha said...

My husband wants to go see this. Guess it's a husband thing. :) I like Jake as an actor, so that's probably what I'll cling to. Then I'll sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. :) thanks for the review! Now I feel that I will walk in with appropriate expectations. :)

Kelly Hashway said...

I'm sure I'll see this once it's on DVD. I don't think I'd spend money to see it in a theater but my husband will probably like the movie, so we'll wait it out.

LM Preston said...

I was going to wait til dvd, but this is the only thing we get to do for date night that he likes. I tried everything, theatre, bowling, sight seeing - but the man loves his movies.

Author Dawn Brazil said...

Okay, maybe I'm different but my husband is the one who usually gets dragged to the movies. And I'm the one who wants to see this. I have a huge crush on Jake...don't tell the hubby. I love futuristic, action...I can't wait to see this.

Consequently, I just watched Love and Other Drugs with Jake and Anne Hathaway. I loved it! And honestly, I don't like romantic comedies - at all. Jake naked didn't have anything to do with my liking it either. hehehe

LM Preston said...

Oh, I have to check that out Love and Other Drugs...

You'll enjoy this one. It kept my interest.

Buffy Andrews said...

I haven't seen this yet. Hubs was on call last weekend so couldn't get there. Might try to go this weekend. Thanks for the review. Seems like we've been going to a lot of movies lately. Once the weather turns nice, I'm sure that will change with golf season in full swing. Thanks for sharing Lanita:) Have a super Wednesday!

Nikki said...

if the vilan of your movie is a handicapped scientist who hatches sinister plots to save millons of people your writers hate you. The only reason I didn't leave halfway through was because my friends were there. Not only is the movie poorly written, there is a disturbing anti-intelectual undertone.
This movie was just painful to watch