Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Marketing Beyond The BookStore

I remember when I first started pursuing publishing. My main goal was to have a booksigning in a brick and mortar store. That was how I knew I’d accomplished something. It was to me ‘a must do’. However, now the climate for selling books have changed and the bookstores are no longer the main venue for selling your book.

RE-ADJUST YOUR IN PERSON EVENTS

When I first started out, the bookstore signings were on the horizon, but I had to find other places to sign and sell books. Now more than ever, I’m having to revisit those venues unlike I’d ever expected.

Yes, I made it into the BOOKSTORE to sign my book, but now there are less and less signings at bookstores, especially for Indie authors for some reason.

So here are the new venues I’m aiming for now (funny how I’ve come full circle in my Marketing).

CRAFT SHOWS
BOOK FESTIVALS
ECLECTIC stores that sell books and other wares
LIBRARY EVENTS
BOOKCLUB EVENTS
SCHOOL VISITS
THEMED LOCATIONS
CONS and other EVENTS
COLLEGE VISITS

YOUR BOOK BUYING HABITS now that bookstores are changing?

So if you were to ask yourself, do you still purchase all your books from the bookstore – would you say yes?

Where then? Also, if you were at an event and saw a book or author you were interested in, would you purchase there?

No comments: