Sunday, September 18, 2011

Contagion Movie Review


FANDANGO SAYS:
When Beth Emhoff (Gwyneth Paltrow) returns to Minnesota from a Hong Kong business trip, she attributes the malaise she feels to jet lag. However, two days later, Beth is dead, and doctors tell her shocked husband (Matt Damon) that they have no idea what killed her. Soon, many others start to exhibit the same symptoms, and a global pandemic explodes. Doctors try to contain the lethal microbe, but society begins to collapse as a blogger (Jude Law) fans the flames of paranoia.

MY REVIEW:
I wanted to go see this. The movie OUTBREAK and 28 DAYS stuck out as some of my favs and I thought this would be another one of those bio-horror movies that would keep me on the edge of my seat in a suspense frozen state. Well, let me just say that the best actress was played by Gwyneth Paltrow - her dying scene was amazing. But the rest of this movie left me bored and frustrated while I was waiting for that big, big something to happen. This one, I won't live down for awhile, since I dragged my husband to see this instead of THE DEBT which looks really good I could kick myself. I gave this 1.5 out of 5 seizures.

2 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Okay, I really didn't have any interest in this movie before, and now I really don't think I'll see it. I'm sorry it was such a letdown for you.

Author Dawn Brazil said...

Oh no. I really wanted to see this one too. I'm so glad I read this first. Your a money-saver LM. Thanks for this post. I'll trust your opinion and wait for the DVD. Thanks!!!