Sunday, September 11, 2011

I can't believe it's been 10 yrs from 9/11


You know I've always been a pretty resilient person.It could be because I grew up with a lot of drama that shaped me into this ... survivor. I don't know.

But what I do know is, on 9/11 I was in my office when someone yelled out, "Check out the TV." I went into the conference room with my fellow co workers, and my jaw dropped at the news.

Now I worked in DC at the time, in a place that could very well be hit next and we all looked around and bolted.

I grabbed my purse, and jetted to my car where I called my husband who was at home with my kids. Many of my family members worked at the Pentagon and the White House, not to mention one of my best friends worked at the World Trade Center. I called her on my way home and she'd called in sick that day and was in literal shock while we spoke on the phone.

IN LIFE YOU MAY BE SHAKEN

And at this one time in my life, with all the other hurdles, challenges, stumbling blocks...this time will be remembered a bit more than most. Maybe because it was one thing that I didn't have to experience alone. It was something that I experienced with millions of people and we all......SURVIVED, GOT STRONGER, and learned that we are truly gifted to be able to take one more breath.

No comments: