Thursday, October 8, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO BE A SUPER HERO?

HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO BE A SUPER HERO? How would you become one in real life?

Alright, I admit it; I want to be a super hero. Never mind the fact that I am a grown woman with kids. I have always wanted to be one. From the first time I saw Wonder Woman, I wanted to be like her. I wanted to be beautiful, alluring, and strong enough to do any sized opponent some real damage.


I’ll even admit that at my five feet stature, I feel like a super hero inside. I believe that because of this desire, this fantasy, I started to make this a real possibility for me in my life.


HOW DO YOU BECOME A SUPER HERO IN REAL LIFE?


There are lots of ways we humanoids can become super heroes in real life.


I have become one by being what today’s society deems as a ‘Super Woman’. I work full time and part-time while being a mom, a wife and kicking out a novel in four months in which I live my super hero fantasies out on paper. My friends tell me that I am not normal, however doing all of these things seem completely normal to me. It is who I have conditioned myself to be.


My husband became a ‘Super Man’ when he was driving home one night and saw an accident up ahead of him. He actually jumped down a hill and over a guard rail, to turn over a three hundred pound man to give him CPR. Although he didn’t save the man’s life, he was instrumental in doing so because he tried too.


My cousin Armor (yes that is his real name) became a ‘Super Boy’ when he and his brother were playing with friends in the woods behind their home. One of the boys put a fire cracker into a gas can. Well my younger cousin Aaron went to check on the impending explosion and it blew up in his face. My cousin Armor, although typically not a strong kid, picked up his brother and ran him all the way home. His parents weren’t home at the time, so he called 911, and put his screaming brother under cool running water until the ambulance got there.


Anyone can become a ‘Super Hero’ you just have to find your gift, your strength and realize that you too can make a difference, save a life, and enrich yours at the same time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the feeling, while I don't have any such incredible stories for you. I've always been a huge fan of super heroes, although I think they're mishandled in most graphic novels. I'm also writing a superhero-esque story!

Cheyanne said...

Saw your link on Twitter and just had to comment :) My superhero novel comes out in June, although my Heroes are born with their powers. I'm right with you when it comes to working full time, parenting and writing books... I enjoy staying busy!