Friday, April 23, 2010

Death At A Funeral - Movie Review


This movie was funny – crack you up, fall over hilarious. I didn’t select this movie for my weekly date night with my husband. He got to pick and I gave him a high five for this one. Of course you’ve seen the previews of the short gay dude that tries to blackmail the sons of the dearly departed, but that is just a scratch on the surface of the boundaries they pushed to get a laugh in this movie. This is funny like the Hangover. The comedians in this movie didn’t hold back with the jokes. They pushed every boundary possible; from bi-racial relationships, father hating the boyfriend, gross care of the sick and elderly, drugged out suicidal boyfriend, jilted lover stalking x-girlfriend to mother-in-law calling out the daughter-in-laws lack to produce an heir.

Trust me, what I mentioned before didn’t even cover half of the laughable circumstances in this movie. I left the theatre still chuckling to myself. If you want to see a movie that will make you laugh, cry, and laugh some more - check this one out. I give it 4 out of 5 stars, only because there was really no storyline to it. The movie was Just a conglomeration of laughs that poured into one another.

No comments: