Sunday, May 13, 2012

AfterLife by Willow Cross

Since I've been addicted to ebooks, one of the things I like most is the fact that I can find short stories - good ones, on Amazon and B&N

Here's a good short for you, a sweet love story between a ghost and a vampire :-D


Amazon Blurb: Two hundred years before the battle of the fortress, a young man named William Townsend had to die.

William had big plans. He would become a valiant soldier, fall in love, have a family, and die. In fact, he was certain it would happen in that exact order. But fate is a fickle taskmaster and things almost never go as planned. And sometimes, just sometimes, your true destiny will greet you after life



My Review:
My daughter who hasn't read "Birthright" started reading this on her kindle. We both read it, I as someone who's read the Dark Gifts first 2 books and she who'd only read Inheritance and Afterlife. We both loved the story of Angie, a vampire turned at age 17yrs old but was trapped in a girls body for over 100 yrs and William a misguided ghost who became not just her friend, but someone who'd come to love her, be devoted to her from afar. I loved William and I connected with him. An innocent frustration at being a ghost, but who was happy with what little he had - a friendship with Angie. My daughter, however, connected with Angie who seemed immature at times, but who's heart was in the right place. The dialogue and interaction between the two was sweet. But the adventure that shed light on some aspects of Birthright (Willow Cross's first book in the Dark Gifts Series) made both of us want more. Take a peak at this enjoyable read and you won't want to put it down. 


BUY IT for 99cents - Buy Afterlife

No comments: