Monday, March 10, 2014

When Life Gets in the Way

Yep, this is a BIG challenge for me as a writer. See writing is a passion, a hunger, an addiction. One that stays with me all the time.

For the first time in years, I don't have the time to do it like I used to.

STOP then GO is the game I'm playing with my writing this year.

The good thing is, it's always there.

The bad thing is, my release schedule is slipping which is so frustrating.

So here are some rules for when LIFE GETS IN THE WAY I am reminding myself.

MAKE EVERY MOMENT COUNT

Yep, that means when I'm sitting and waiting for my kids at some event they are at - write.

WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING 

This is where ideas start flowing. That time you aren't writing but the new story idea is nudging you away from the one you are working on. Write it down. Take note.

TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA FAST

Oh this is a hard one! But lets face it. We waste SO MUCH time on social media. When life gets in the way and you have limited time. Stay-off-the-internet.

This one is the hardest for me to do. I love being social.

HAS LIFE GOTTEN IN THE WAY OF YOUR WRITING PASSION?

What have you done to remedy it?

1 comment:

SJ Stone said...

It does, but I think more than anything my problem is that I have too many projects that want my attention, and then I feel overwhelmed. I'm just trying to focus now - one thing at a time.