Thursday, October 23, 2014

THE BOOK OF LIFE - Movie Review


I'm a sucker for an 'ethnic' centered fairytale! So... when my kids asked to see this movie there was no way I would deny them.

Here's the bio from Imdb: Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart, embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears.

My Family's Review: Now do you believe there is a 'love triangle' in fairy tales? Well there was one here. I also can say we fell in love with both of the heroes. The movie was visually pleasing. Beautiful, colorful and even had symbolic meanings rather closely tucked within the Mexican culture. As an adult there were a few slow parts, but still captivating. The music was good and the story was fun. My kids (the girls) absolutely loved and gushed over it. My son said, "I liked it okay." My husband - thought it was too much singing (bah-humbug) and me, loved it. We give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: