Monday, May 22, 2017

Plotting a New Series

So IT BEGINS

My new adventure in plotting a new series.

Truth is, I didn't initially plan for this to be a series, but, it just grew.

HOW I DID IT IN THE PAST

Well in the past, I just went with the flow. I didn't plan out the series, the covers, the promotions. However, by working with the Kindle World authors in RUNES UNIVERSE I learned to do a more thorough job of planning my SERIES.

WHAT NO PROMOTIONAL PLANNING COST ME

Cover changes and design changes galore. That was money wasted, but I learned my lesson. This time, I am going to do a better job of it. I have my characters picked out and made sure there are plenty of photos to work with for each for promotional materials and designs.

I lost many advertising opportunities because I didn't have a model with many photos. I also lost many by not completely plotting out my series.

Branding challenges also hit hard when you don't plan your series.

WHAT AM I DOING DIFFERENTLY

1) Outline the entire series
2) Select models for each cover early with many photos
3) Brand the style of the series covers early
4) Brand the world building and find photos for them to use for promo
5) Share more as I write

SHARE WHAT YOU CONSIDER A WELL PROMOTED AND PLANNED SERIES?

No comments: