Saturday, November 18, 2017

Publishing Burn Out for the Small Press Indie Publisher






I think we've done it. I've hit the burnout brick wall of lack of energy and motivation to finish out this year with yet another release.

How did I get to this point?

Re-branding, formatting and promotion of my backlist.

Yes, for all of them but my Middle Grade novels which I just decided to put off until I write one more book in the series.

Also, throw in a two new releases of my own, one new release I co-published with my son, and one release that was going to be published in November, that I finished but the collaborating authors needed to move back.

I am tired.

Also, the financial investment in this endeavor of updating my backlist was costly, but worth it.

SO, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BOSS

As a small press or indie publisher, I get to decide when to push a project out. I am thinking I will do just that for my project and series.

I have no more gas and want to drum up some for Nanowrimo this November.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO COMBAT BURNOUT? HAVE YOU BEEN?

No comments: