Friday, August 16, 2019

Finding Inspiration and Motivation

MY CRAZY UNPRODUCTIVE MONTH


Sometimes I have to re-read my books in order to get a grasp on where I was when I last wrote in my fictional world.

This last month I've been promoting my non-fiction book. Although, it's been great, a labor of love, it's not my most fun experience in writing. I really enjoy writing fiction as I can be so creative and just get lost in a new world while experiencing that world through different characters.

Sadly, I didn't get much written and I have a personal schedule of three months to write the next book in the series.

WHAT I HAVE DONE THAT GOT ME OFF TRACK WITH WRITING

Marketing and promotion. It's a lot of work. In my case it paid off with this happening! I can't believe it, I got to #3 on their Hot New Release list.


Hiring assistants to help me do some of this didn't work out too well for me. I literally hired and had to end three assistants until I decided to hire people I knew did certain things well and then do the rest myself.

Then parenting, family and job jumped in my way. Oh my!

Now, even though all of those distractions were beating me down, my characters and story just keeps churning in my head.

MY GOALS FOR THE REST of THE MONTH

To finish one last course that goes with my non-fiction. Then to jump back into my fiction story, Scepter of Fire which is the 2nd book in my The Vigilant Series and I am only 5% done, sigh, but I will get back on track.

IN OTHER GOOD NEWS

My daughter treated me to a GIRLS TRIP! Woot!! It was so much fun, I relaxed, we toured the place, and even went to a dance club (where I was in the corner reading while my daughter danced). Today, it seems guys like to watch the many girls dance alone on the dance floor or dance while watching them. This generation has some communication differences than mine did. Oh well, I consider it good research and had a great time. 




No comments: