Friday, May 22, 2020

Being an Author in the Pre-Qual of a Dystopian Novel


QUARANTINE HAS GIVEN ME A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH MY WRITING

It's true. It's hard to live through dark and uncomfortable times, then write about it - but make sure there is a plausible ending that doesn't crush your readers - when you are feeling a bit crushed.

THE REALITY and MY FANTASY

There is a great difference between the reality of my life during the stay in orders and the crazy world I've created in my latest series, but one thing prevails. Hope. 

Also, the revealing of certain situations I had never considered would happen when the world starts to show a major change in the way it operates day to day. The response of people and the disorganized information being shared was something I realize happens, but to live through it is this unsettling feeling of unbalance that expressing through my characters seemed lighter than what a person feels in real life.

It makes me wonder if my readers will want to experience emotion so close to home during these times.

PEOPLE LIKE TO READ OTHER DARK REALITIES

It is amazing to me that many post apocalyptic books and fantasy novels had an uptick while people are forced to stay at home. I've even read and played games that reflected the times. (Yes, I have played Plague, Pandemic and Dead of Winter lately, several times) 

I believe it instills the hope that we will win. The human race will overcome it all. You know what, we usually do.


IF YOU WANT TO ESCAPE YOUR REALITY to one where YOU CAN SEE A WINNER a SURVIVOR, the paperback released this week to Scepter of Fire.






No comments: