Friday, October 22, 2010

SECRETS & KISSES by CELISE DOWNS




Back by popular demand, NYIA, our teen book reviewer is visiting to give her awesome review on SECRETS and KISSES by CELISE DOWNS

THE SYNOPSIS:
SCANDAL ROCKS LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL!

Skylar Knight is making her way through the final week of school. The subject on everyone’s minds is Blair Neuman’s Junior’s Only End of the Year Bash–and The Kissing Game. Skylar knows that her crush, Kedren Price, will be there but she has one little problem: nonexistent pucker power.

In between studying for finals, and getting some much needed tips on kissing, Skylar starts overhearing mysterious conversations about Blair and Kedren. And she begins to wonder if her classmates are friends…or foes.

THE REVIEW by teen book reviewer NYIA:

I usually don't read mysteries, but honestly I didn't know that this book was a mystery until the halfway mark. I really liked that it was more for people who didn't like mysteries, but the fun girly type of book. I loved how the main character didn't know how to kiss and that kinda helped introduce the mystery. Her crush also sounded really cute. The only thing I didn't like about the book was that you could tell that all the clothing and styles were a little out of style by the way the author described it, but besides that the story was just fine. I read it in a few hours just because I liked the main character so much. If I was to rate this story I would give it a 4 out of 5 for the whole style thing.

Check out more of author Celise Downs books @ http://celisedowns.com

3 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Love the synopsis. Nicely done!

cleemckenzie said...

Very nice to read a teen review so well done.

LM Preston said...

Thanks, my little lady is getting better. She doesn't like me to edit her work too much.