Wednesday, October 30, 2013

COVER LOVE...ENVY...LUST?


Ahhhhh.....my first book I fell in love with had a....

GORGEOUS cover!

I have to admit, that if they are going to try to get me to purchase a book it's got to do the following.

ATTRACT ME! Yep, love at first sight is a big deal when it comes to catching a reader.

FIT IN! It's got to fit in with what my expectations are for the genre. No! No! No! I do not like the 'Bait then Switch' where you put a sexy guy with brown hair on the cover but the hero has red hair! That's just wrong.

TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD! The cover must highlight aspects from the book that are intriguing. Yep, it has to be perceived from the cover. Don't give too much away but tease me a bit.

Lastly....

BACK IT UP with a great story.

Here are some great COVERs that I have envy ... uh LOVE for presented by my fellow authors in

THE SOCIETY FOR YA WRITERs

Check them out





 

1 comment:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Great choices. I really love FATE & FURY.