Thursday, December 5, 2013

SUZY TURNER and the MORGAN SISTERS SERIES


Can you tell us a little about your latest book?


My latest one is actually a chick lit book called Forever Fredless. But perhaps I should talk about my previous novel, The Temporal Stone which comes under the YA urban fantasy genre.

Here's a brief summary:
It's been a couple of months since Emma and Lana entered the Praxos Academy and life has been hectic ever since. What with regular A level classes combined with learning all about the supernatural world, control classes, self defence and fight night, the girls are constantly busy.
But when their world seems to stop right in front of them, they and their fellow Watchers have a huge mystery to solve. A mystery which will lead them on a long road trip across south west England where they will meet all kinds of strange creatures, some intent on causing harm and others desperate to put a stop to the problem.

What inspired you to write it?
It was a guy I met whilst working on a movie a couple of years ago. He was the main actor - gorgeous, so much fun and really down to earth. We clicked immediately and became buddies. He's kind of like a brother and I just knew back then that I wanted to base a character on him. The character's name is Declan Alexander and he's quite an important character in the series. In fact the series just developed from him!

If it was made into a movie, who would you like to play the main characters?
For the two main sisters, it would have to be a young Vivien Leigh lookalike for Emma Jane Morgan and a younger Gabrielle Union for Lana Beth - but both would have to be British!
Mark Killeen (my buddy) would definitely play Declan and Aishwarya Rai would play Saleena.

Why do you write in this genre?
I have two absolute favourite genres and they are chick lit and YA urban fantasy. I just get sucked into them both which is why I like to write them too.

What made you want to become an author?
I'm not sure. Maybe because I've always had a passion for books, for great stories and book stores. I could spend hours and hours just browsing all those wonderful tactile books! Before I started writing full time, I worked in the publishing industry, so I was always writing. I guess it just developed from there.

Name one of your all-time favorite books?
A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Who, or what, inspires you?
People, places, music, feelings, dreams... I am inspired by everything around me.

Where is your favorite place to write?
At home where it's warm and cozy. I don't have an office though. Eventually I'd like to live in a house with my own little office which I plan to turn into my very own den, with forest wallpaper and fairy lights!

What is your favorite movie that was based on a book?
Harry Potter, hands down!

Who is your favorite author (s) and why?
Oh I have so many! Shalini Boland and Melissa Pearl are two of my all time favourite YA authors - their stories just totally wow me. Poppet for scary stories. Belinda Jones for chick lit. JK Rowling and Stephenie Meyer for obvious reasons!

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I have a belly button piercing ;)

Who would play you in the movie about your life?
Sandra Bullock - I just adore her!

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.
I live in the Algarve, Portugal - famous for it's delicious chicken piri piri!

Suzy Turner has worked as a journalist, assistant editor, features editor and magazine editor. Early in 2010 however, she began writing full time and has since completed six books for young adults: The Raven Saga trilogy and The Morgan Sisters series.
Although Suzy is a Yorkshire lass at heart, she left her home town of Rotherham, UK, 
to move to Portugal with her family when she was ten. The Algarve continues to be her home, where she lives with her childhood sweetheart and husband of 15 years, Michael, and their two neurotic dogs and a cat who thinks she's a princess. 
 
 
website: http://suzyturner.com
Chick Lit Blog: http://www.fictiondreams.com
YA Blog: http://suzyturner.blogspot.com 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Suzy-Turner/e/B0050BSH1I
Facebook: http://facebook.com/suzyturnerbooks
Twitter: http://twitter.com/suzy_turner
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/suzyturnerbooks


1 comment:

DMS said...

What a fun interview! I love, love, love The Handmaid's Tale and HP (books and movies). I haven't read any of Suzy's books- but I have written them down on my TBR list. :) Best of luck to her!
~Jess