Monday, April 7, 2014

Oh! My! Gosh! Captain America: The Winter Soldier


Oh My Gosh!!!
This is a Must See to kick off your Spring Break !





Blurb: 

After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk. Joining forces with the Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off professional assassins sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy-the Winter Soldier.
Director: Anthony Russo - Cast: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders

My Review.

Truthfully I was skeptical and didn't put this on my 'must see opening night' list - until...my oldest son texted me from the movie theater and said, "Mom! This movie is good. You'll love it."
So, I dragged my happy hubby and the rest of my crew to the movie thinking that I would at least be entertained. But stop the phone! This movie had it all (except a serious romance) including a mild flirtation at an attraction. You want action? Got it. You want intrigue and twist? Got it. You want depth of characters? Got it. You want a good story line (no it's not Oscar worthy but it's darn good for a Comic Book Based movie) Got it. Definitately family friendly (if your kids don't mind violence). And...and it's got diversity. Lots of mixture of different types of characters. I-did-not- want the ride to end. 

4 out of five 'shields' because well the storyline was good but not quite Oscar worthy.


No comments: