Thursday, May 22, 2014

GodZilla - Movie Review







Hhmmmm.

GODZilla

I really have a history with this creature.

When I was a little girl, I would RUN home to see this show. Yeah, it may have been a man dressed up in a suite, but hey, it was a monster that ripped up streets and fought off BAD Monsters to save us, each and every day.

NOW MY THOUGHTS ON THE MOVIE

The blurb:

The world's most famous monster is pitted against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

Director:

Writers:

(screenplay), (story)

Stars:

, ,


MY REVIEW:

Okay, I admit I had pre-conceived notions about this movie. So I headed off to this with my movie guru hubba and my entourage of teen and tween reviewers. It started with a bang. Yep, I was captured at 'hello'. Then they started building a distorted storyline around the scientist who lost his wife in a blast and the son. It was alright, but there could've been a better woven tale. It was hard for me to really connect with the characters, not because the acting was bad, but because the writing didn't have that much depth. But. I did not care because I knew without a shadow of a doubt that there was going to be a major monster smackdown fight coming. All Godzilla shows had that, it's what I ran home to watch everyday. Then it happened. The monsters started fighting then 'cut!' boring story part butts in. So the amount of fighting they did was minimum based on what I expected from my old days of Godzilla. Or maybe it just seemed long since I was a kid. Who knows, but with that I add. It was a decent movie. Enjoyable, kept my interest, although my younger kid started to get bored midway in. Out of 5 monsters we voted on a 3 roars.


No comments: