Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hercules with Dwayne Johnson aka 'The Rock'

Here ye! Here ye! The real Hercules has arrived!

Yeah I said it. And I meant every word of it. I've always loved Hercules. The idea of this hard as nails guy who has to find himself and fight against the obstacles placed in front of them.

My expectations for this movie was really really low. The last Hercules movie I watched I didn't even bother to review.

So...

The Blurb: (from IMdb)
Having endured his legendary twelve labors, Hercules, the Greek demigod, has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace and his daughter seek his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord.

My review:

It starts with the amazing story of why we should believe Hercules is the son of a god, delivered by his poor nephew while being tortured. Then it hits - action! Action! and more Action! Yes, if you are a testosterone starving action junkie that like a little sword play, arrow deaths wrapped up in a pretty good tale of deception - this is the movie for you. You will not be disappointed. I wasn't. However, the one reason I took off a star is because - hey, Hercules to me was kind of a handsome woman loving guy. Hey he is gorgeous and all. But poor Dwayne Johnson has yet again portrayed a mild and tasteful glance at romance in his movie. I give it 4 out of 5 cheers.

No comments: