Tuesday, July 29, 2014

How To Keep Your Writer's Head in The Game




Yep, I remember this song from Disney's High School Musical. Loved it!

That's what we authors need to do - Get and Keep our Heads In The Game.

The one thing I do enjoy about writing is that I can do it anytime. Being a publisher means setting the schedule, deadlines, marketing approach and releases of books.

SET YOUR MIND TO A WRITE TIME

Getting up to write is a must. Many of us let life slip in and pull us away - but the call to creat our stories doesn't go away.

So set aside time to write. I know it sounds selfish but it's a must.

KEEP WRITING EVEN THOUGH EDITING AND RELEASING IS HARD

If you have other life constraints that make it difficult to release your books in the present year - just keep writing.

I'm finished 2 books and working on another at this time.

I still have the editing to do on the finished books but I needed this year to develop my projects since publishing books and promoting them take a lot of time and energy.

NOTICE YOUR rhythm

I realized that every other year I seem to go into 'Writers Binge' mode. It's where I really don't want to do anything but just write. I don't want to edit, beta read, promote or publish. I just really want to write.

This year is that time for me. The fever to write has over powered my desire to publish my books right away.

SO...DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR WRITER's Head?

No comments: