Friday, July 22, 2011


Oh my FREAKIN' GOSH!!!!!! Okay I'm totally gonna skip to the best part of the movie....after the credits roll, you get an AWESOME tease....THE AVENGERS PREVIEW!!!!!


After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America's ideals.


Okay, I'm biased and invested. I've seen all of the Avengers movies and I have enjoyed them. No...they weren't bada** (shut your mouth!) flicks that make me want to watch them over and over again. But, they are entertaining and kept my interest throughout. Not to mention --- who doesn't dig a hero (even though the villain stole the show in Thor...that a whole other story).

Sorry, I digressed. Here's my review:

I like this. Steve Rogers is my type of character. A boy bullied, beat up, kicked out, put upon and everything you can think of. But you know what - he never gave up. This movie covers the story of Captain America (the past him) back in the 40's and the villain is a bit quirky. Also, I would have really liked a bit more depth to the story, but it was still a good one. As far as it lining up to the comic book depiction it did so for the most part. There were little off points. Like Captain America was a king with Hand-To-Hand combat. But in the movie it was all about the shield. I give this movie 3.5 stars with stripes. And just so you know, I FREAKIN' totally enjoyed the tease trailer for THE AVENGERS!


Kelly Hashway said...

I'm kind of surprised because I didn't like the Captain America preview. I'm glad to hear the movie is better than what I thought it would be.

Dawn Brazil said...

Can't wait to see it. You haven't disappointed me yet with your movie reviews. Thanks for sharing this one - I was especially waiting for this one. Thought it was coming last month and the hubby and I were disappointed we had to wait. LOL Yeah, I'm that excited for a movie.

LM Preston said...

Yay Dawn! I'm glad you dig my reviews. Movies are our favorite thing to do for date night and we get a kick out of going to the opening shows midnight on Thursday nights. I know it's a sickness but it's the most excitement we get since having kids.

Regina said...

It sounds like a great movie.

E. Arroyo said...

I have to watch this! Sounds awesome.