Sunday, October 16, 2011

Movie Remakes ... Why do they do it?


I have to do a Monday vent. Since being in the house all weekend on a flu imposed shut in I've been watching my share of commercials.

DO MOVIE PRODUCERS READ?

I sometimes wonder if movie producers read books. There are tons of great stories out there, looking to be created on the big screen. Hello out there in movie world! Ask me about some great new stories.

HOW DO THEY DECIDE ON WHAT MOVIES TO REMAKE?

I wonder how they figure it out. How do the decide which movies to remake because some of the ones they have weren't that great the first time and the second time was even worst. If you know please tell me. I personally think it's just laziness.

HERE's the lineup. NONE of these movies I want to see remade. What about you?


Do you know this must be the year of the remakes.

Here's the lowdown list for 2011/2012:

Conan
The Crow
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Spiderman (yep - again)
Porkey's
Warriors (a classic I still love to watch)
The Housemaid
The Mechanic
Arthur
13 Assassins
Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
Fright Night
Straw Dogs
Footloose
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Thing

2 comments:

Author Dawn Brazil said...

Okay, I must admit I 98 % of the time do not like the remake. I usually loathe them, but I so want to see two on this list: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Thing. Oh I can't wait. Everything I have already assumed will be garbage and that's being nice. Oh wait, I already saw Fright Night and it was okay but not better than the first. I so loved the first one - my 15 year old even liked the first one a lot more. I was so proud of her when she said it. I almost shed a tear. There's some things that you simply cannot teach and great taste is one of them. I'm so proud. LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Truly pathetic. Why don't they get some fresh ideas? And as for reading, yes if they were out there reading books they'd come across some brilliant stuff for new movie ideas!