Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Movie Review

Well here we go. I'm warning you, I went to see this with my daughter who did not want to read any of the Twilight Saga books, but went with me to each of the movies.

I'm going to give our mixed reviews of this final installment of the Twilight Series.




I will forewarn you, I like my vampires bad, really, really bad. And my werewolves, deadly. But I do enjoy a good love story too.

Fandango Blurb:

Bella (Kristen Stewart) awakes -- as a vampire -- from her life-threatening labor, and her newborn daughter, Renesmee, proves to be very special indeed. While Bella adjusts to her new state of being, Renesmee experiences accelerated growth. When the Volturi learn of the baby's existence, they declare her to be an abomination and sentence the Cullens to death. Bella, Edward (Robert Pattinson) and the rest of the clan seek help from allies around the world to protect their family.

My Review:

I love vampires. But I like 'em beautiful, evil, mean, sinister, deadly, vicious and ... conflicted. Did I get that with Breaking Dawn Part 2. Well, sort of. There were many opportunities for this to be so much more but it wasn't. Sure the sappy love story was there. Yeah, there was killing and nashing of teeth towards the end. But  the bad acting in parts and corny lines had me laughing outloud and distracted from some of the intensity. Now my favorite part was the fighting and carnage towards the end, only for it to be ... an illusion. What a let-down for a horror lover like myself. Now for my daughters POV who haven't read the books but enjoyed the earlier movies. She thought it was rather 'creepy' with the Jacob and 'imprinting' on the kid. She quickly got over that feeling when Jacob (Taylor) stripped. Overall we enjoyed the movie, but our expectations weren't quite met. So we gave it 3 out of 5 fangs.


No comments: