Thursday, December 20, 2012

Made My List and Checked It Twice





Yes, list. To Do List, Want to Do List, Naughty List and Nice List. I've done them all. And I want to go over my year, 2012 in review.

Stay tuned for my 2013 'Hope To Do List' of  books to write and books to release for 2014.

Well I gotta say, this year, I've pushed myself more than I've ever before. And...LOTS of unplanned things jumped out at me. MISTAKES I've made include not using the word 'No' more often and I paid dearly.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS checked off my 2012 'Hope To Get Done' List.

Books Written and Goals Met 3 books planned were written

Purgatory Reign, Flutter Of Luv, Wastelands

Ball dropped 1 book planned wasn't written

Explorer X-Gamma (last book in my Middle Grade Series) didn't get written

Unexpected Accomplishments - 2 scripts written

Purgatory Reign (book to script adaption) and Bandits (book to script adaption)

BUT...

My planning went haywire when I realized that I had overbooked myself volunteering for multiple organizations and taking on way more than I'd originally planned.

However, I've gained much from those side roads that will help me make up time (I hope) on my writing goals for 2013.

SO HOW DID I CHECK EVERYTHING OFF MY LIST?

Nope. But I think considering the circumstances, I shocked myself at what I actually accomplished. So having a list, checking it twice, finding out what you are doing that is naughty or nice helps you reach your goals and much much more.

DID YOU CHECK YOURs?

No comments: