Monday, March 8, 2010

Alice in Wonderland – Movie Review

I really wanted to see this movie. I typically don’t enjoy Tim Burton’s twisted stories, but Alice in Wonderland is a twisted tale. What can I say accept, I loved this movie, until the last 2 minutes (read on for my explanation). I was skeptical, but it was beautifully made, the storyline was light and whimsical just like the original.

If you are going to see the 3D version, you may be a little put off. It seemed as though parts of it was 3D and other parts were not. It’s like they added the 3D as an afterthought. Definitely a waste of money, because I wished I would have saved my $3.50 that I paid for 3D.

Alice’s father dies; she spies the rabbit, while preparing to be asked to marry. It was cute and she comes off as a developing hero who’s kinda fanciful. She slips down the hole, while chasing the rabbit, and fights against her destiny as a hero to the white queen.

The tale while she is in wonderland is believable within the rules that are set in that crazy world. However, I was miffed at the falsehood of what happened when she returned. The ending seemed incredibly unbelievable for the time in which the story seemed to take place.

All in all, it was definitely entertaining. I’d give it a 4 out of 5 stars, because I didn’t like the ending.

2 comments:

Emma Michaels said...

Great review and I am glad that the rest of the movie was enjoyable. Now I am curious as to the end, guess I will have to try and find a way to get to see it in theaters after all.

Kirsten Lesko said...

Great feedback about the 3D - thanks for that. I probably would have wasted my money.