Tuesday, March 23, 2010

REPO MEN - Movie Review

This movie was on my must-see list. Why? Because as a science fiction author I love science fiction movies. I loved the concept of this sick tale of repo men coming to take back organs. It had potential to be a good movie. It got off to a great start with great actors Forest Whittaker and Jude Law – definitely a great combination. It shows their friendship, their job of going after organs recipients who don’t pay their bills, and it’s brutal – did I say brutal?

Okay, then it happens. The movie makes a turn in such a predictable way that you can tell the writers got lazy. That’s when I wanted to get up. I mean it’s such a bad transition that the movie stops making sense. It just gets – well kinda boring (but gory nasty to boot).

The redeeming quality of this movie – which made me give it a 3 out of 5 stars and say it’s – Okay, was the ending. They totally threw me for a loop with the very ending, and the funny part was – it fit. So if you are in the mood for a violent, twisted, sometimes stupid scifi action flick – check out Repo Men.

2 comments:

Annie McElfresh said...

Thanks for the review! I was wondering about that one!

Glen Akin said...

Man, now im not so eager to watch this lol