Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine, Review by guest teen reviewer, Nyia



Please welcome our Teen Guest Book Reviewer, Nyia. Here's her review.

The Princesses of Bamarre was an enchanting tale that I simply adored. There was adventure, romance, and an unsuspected ending. The creatures in the book were different then you would imagine them to be and that is why the adventure was so enchanting. I loved how the author made the book partly predictable, but different at the same time. I also liked how the author wrote it in first person, but in a way that you could know what all of the main characters were doing. The only thing that made me stumble in my reading was that there were so many quotes from the book Drualt. Even though they were overdone, as you read throughout the book, you find out the purpose of the influence of Drualt. I would give this book a three out of five… only because of all the Drualt quotes. Hey, you might like the way that they blend into the story and might think the book deserves a five, so just read it.

FREEBIES AND PARTY FAVORS at THE PACK, Virtual Book Release Party. CLICK HERE

4 comments:

Priya said...

I love this book. :)

LM Preston said...

Thanks Priya! My 13yr old reviewer loves to check comments. Stay tuned for her reviews of Graceling and Catching Fire.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review Nyia and LM, I love fantasy and this sounds really interesting.

Also, LM, wanted to let you know how much I enjoy following your blog. I have a Versatile Blogger Award for your over at my blog if you'd like to pick it up some time.

LM Preston said...

Thanks Kelly! I'll scoop it up.