Thursday, September 16, 2010

PROPHECY OF DAYS by Christy Raedeke - Reviewed by Nyia

Prophecy of Days by Christy Raedeke - Reviewed by Nyia


Please welcome or guest NYIA - TEEN BOOK REVIEWER

Loved it from the very beginning, even the prologue wasn’t boring or too long. It wasn’t a wordy first person book that spent tons of time explaining stuff. The main character, Caity and her friend (a hot boy) helping her had me laughing because they sounded just like me and my friends. She was trying to crack this puzzle that related to the Mayan culture and calendar for the year 2012 to fulfill a prophecy. I couldn’t put it down. She seemed mostly realistic, but there were some parts that just seemed like it was unbelievable in real life. It allowed the story to move along though. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I even liked the cover. It was simple and the colors were soothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read any novels about 2012 and the Mayans. This sounds like a really interesting read. Thanks Nyia!

cleemckenzie said...

Sounds like a different slant on solving prophecy. Thanks for the review.