Saturday, January 29, 2011

The GREEEEN HORNET Movie Rocked! My Review



Synopsis from Fandango.com:


# Britt Reid (Seth Rogen), the heir to the largest newspaper fortune in Los Angeles, is a spoiled playboy who has thus far been happy to lead an aimless life. After his father dies, Britt meets Kato (Jay Chou), a resourceful company employee. Realizing that they have the talent and resources to make something of their lives, Britt and Kato join forces as costumed crimefighters to bring down the city's most powerful criminal.

# Cast: Seth Rogen, Jay Chou, Cameron Diaz, Tom Wilkinson, Christoph Waltz


MY REVIEW:


This is not your typical super hero movie. I really had fun with this one and even had a handful of laughing moments. This movie was quirky, spoofy, and fun. And something surprising happened at the end, I truly enjoyed the maturity of the character who played the Green Hornet. Kato was a great support character also, that you couldn't help but fall in love with because he looked after the Green Hornet sort of like an older brother. Also, it was cute the way the fell into being super heroes, the oddball way they bonded, and the testosterone fits. I have to admit being a bit irritated with the Green Hornet character when he had a case of spoil brat itis and would treat Kato like a servant when Kato didn't deserve it. But Kato, ever the bigger man, would give in - then demand respect.

I would say, don't waste money on the 3D version, and this is an enjoyable clean movie that gets 3 out of 5 stars.

I gotta say I like the foreign version of the poster better:

4 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

I have to admit I've never seen a 3D movie. I just never felt the need for it. I do agree that the foreign version of the poster looks a lot better.

fredamans said...

I liked the movie as a whole, LOVED Kato being the Bruce Lee fan I am, I think Jay Chou was a perfect fit. Seth Rogen is what ruined it for me.
Just the wrong person to play that part. He made the Green Hornet into an oaf, nothing like the original. Still a barrel of laughs!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

See, this sounds like the character growth and the depth that I felt was missing in The American. Rent it. Try it. See if you agree with me. The American just felt thin. I kept waiting for the 'Ah' or 'Hmm' moments. There weren't any.

Thanks for the review. We'll rent it.

Lucie Simone said...

I also enjoyed the Green Hornet & just adored Kato. What a cutie! And I have to agree that 3D was a waste of money. No need.