Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CIN by Christina Leigh Pritchard



TEEN BOOK REVIEWER, Nyia's in the HOUOOOOSSSE!

We just finished the book C I N, by Christina Leigh Pritchard

Amazon Synopsis:
The Doctor said I should be dead. My heart beat furiously. I looked up at the flashes of lightning in the sky. Yes, I should be dead. Why wasn't I? Seventeen year old Lisa Brown's life is falling apart. First, her mother and father divorce, then their house forecloses and now, her mother has decided to commit herself to a psychiatric hospital. If that weren't enough, she must leave sunny south Florida to attend a boarding school full of geniuses in cold, Lynn, Massachusetts. The city where the locals taunt "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin; you never come out the way you went in." And, they aren't kidding. Lisa must live in a tiny shack with two strange teenagers, a dog named Pig who growls when you look at him and a cat named Rat. "Mind the cat," everyone says. What the heck is wrong with this place? Lisa thinks she's landed in her own house of horrors with the anti-social Alex and his facetious sister Ally. But, the real drama begins the day she is struck by lightning


NYIA's Review:

This was one of the best mystery books I have read in a long time. Lisa the main character had a mom that she knew didn’t love her. When her mom lost her job she left Lisa with her aunt. For some reason Lisa’s aunt stayed gone most of the time and told her to be nice to these two teenagers that lived in the house next to hers at this school her aunt ran called C I N. The kids were strange and acted old. I don’t want to give the mystery away, but Lisa gets struck by lightning 2 times and lives. After that everything goes crazy. This book was slow in the beginning but got interesting really fast. The guy that’s in love with Lisa though seems creepy to me, in a stalker way, but that was the only thing about the book I didn’t really like. I give the book 4 out of 5 lightning bolts.

Purchase book here: Amazon

2 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

This sounds like a good mystery. I laughed at the creepy stalker guy part. I've felt that a lot of books portray the male lead that way! I always wondered why.

cleemckenzie said...

I <B a good mystery. Thanks, LM.