Friday, March 2, 2012

Good Deeds - Movie Review

What can I say, I wanted to end the month of February with a Love story and an African American one since it was Black History Month.

Image

I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

FANDANGO BLURB:
A successful, wealthy businessman, Wesley Deeds (Tyler Perry) has always done what’s expected of him, whether it’s assuming the helm of his father’s company, tolerating his brother’s misbehavior at the office or planning to marry his beautiful but restless fiancĂ©e, Natalie (Gabrielle Union). But Wesley is jolted out of his predictable routine when he meets Lindsey (Thandie Newton), a down-on-her-luck single mother who works on the cleaning crew in his office building. When he offers to help her get back on her feet, the chance encounter with someone so far outside his usual circle ignites something in Wesley. This one good deed may finally spark his courage to exchange the life that’s expected of him for the life he’s always really wanted.

MY REVIEW

I love a good love story. I also love seeing movies with people that look like me in them. That's why I suppose the Tyler Perry Movies have always entertained me. But this one I was skeptical about. Mainly because my husband didn't like Tyler's last two movies. My DH felt that Mr. Perry was a man basher and simply refused to accompany me and my friends to another one of his movies - OH, but this time I tricked him into going to this one. And you know what...we both loved it. Sure Thandie Newton didn't quite nail that ghetto slang, but we fell in love with her character anyway. Not only that, but there were 2 parts where we actually teared up. Lastly, it was tastefully done without raunchy cheating that you see in most movies. I truly enjoyed this one. It was rather mainstream also. I give it a 4 out of 4 stars (and so did my husband).

1 comment:

Kelly Hashway said...

I'm really far behind in watching movies. I need to learn to freeze time so I can get more done in a day. LOL. I'll have to look for this one.