Saturday, June 2, 2012

BATTLESHIP - Movie Review

Through all this promotion of books I have been going to the movies and bursting with the need to review the latest ones. Well I'm behind on my movie reviews and will be sharing them with you over the next few days.

Fandango Blurb:
Hasbro's strategic board game gets a sci-fi facelift with this Universal Pictures production from director Peter Berg. The action will pit a small fleet of naval ships against an alien force intent on enriching Earth's valuable assets to ensure their survival. Taylor Kitsch (Wolverine) and True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard star alongside Liam Neeson, Rihanna, and Brooklyn Decker.

My Review:
Well let's just say I wasn't disappointed. Great special effects, okay story line, and lots of action. This one was a pleasant surprise. Of course I loved seeing Alexander Skarsgard my long time crush and he played a decent role, one not to distant from his persona on recent work. But he wasn't in the movie for the long haul. Rihanna did a pretty decent job. Also, there were a few laughs and some tension with buildup. Overall a movie that my family and I thought was entertaining. We collectively gave it a 3 out of 5 battleships.

3 comments:

DMS said...

I haven't seen this one- but it sounds like it was pretty good! Glad you weren't disappointed. I hope I get to the movies soon. :)

~Jess

cleemckenzie said...

I've got to get out more, LM! Sounds like a good way to spend an evening with the kids. Thanks.

Unknown said...

A movie with both Rhianna and Brooklyn Decker? They and the film itself are sure to Oscar nominated.