Thursday, February 21, 2013

Warm Bodies Movie Review

Yeah, so not WARM, he's dead - a brain eating zombie who falls for a girl after eating the brains of her boyfriend - - - YUCK! and maybe not so yuck.

Movie Blurb from Fandango:
A tormented zombie (Nicholas Hoult) experiences a profound transformation after entering into an unusual relationship with the daughter (Teresa Palmer) of a military leader charged with eradicating the walking dead. As the unlikely pair build a tenuous bridge between the living and the dead, those on both sides of the battle begin to sense that nothing in their world will ever be the same again. Warm Bodies is based on the novel by Isaac Marion. Rob Corddry and John Malkovich round out the starring cast. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

My Family Review:
So my daughter went to see this with her friends before I got to see it (grrrrr). Anyways, she and her girlfriends enjoyed it. They said that it wasn't scary (and they hate scary movies). For me, I had a hard time getting into it at first. It was one of those slow to start, but grow on you as you go movies. I really had an issue with falling in love with a zombie. They stink, are gross looking, eat living flesh, and ... stink. And to be honest it didn't seem all that realistic, but I kept watching. About 25 min. in the movie, I was starting to really like 'zombie boy' and the girl, well she was alright. My husband, he wanted to leave in the first 30 minutes, but the more he watched, the more he wanted to stay. So, we both agreed a 3 chomps out of 5 was fair for this movie. We enjoyed it just fine, but it didn't wow us. My daughter however, gave it a 4 out of 5 chomps since she was pleasantly surprised and wasn't scared.

5 comments:

Eliza Tilton said...

I hate zombies. I don't think I could get past the ick factor.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Haha...'they stink, they're gross...' Too funny! I do want to see this one, but I'd like to read the book first.

DL Hammons said...

I think I'll be renting this one. Falling in love with a zombie....really??

Keisha Martin Romance Writer said...

I read the book first the beginning had me and then it lagged, the movie had a few differences that the book didn't have, which is expected when a book is transferred to the big screen. The movie was done by the same company that filmed the TWILIGHT books adaptation so some parts sort of reminded me of Edward and Bella but the love interest in WARM BODIES was more fierce and handled her own and protected the protagonist. I liked it same as you I wasn't wow and also not a big zombie fan but when you think about it vamps and zombies have plenty in common.

Anonymous said...

I read the book about a year before the movie came out and loved it. When I found out there was going to be a movie, I couldn't wait. I was very scared the movie would be really horrible compared to the book, but I enjoyed it as much as the book. I am, without a doubt, a big fan of both.