Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Looking Up For You?




REFLECTIONS TO APPRECIATE THE STRUGGLES OF 2010


After having time to look back and reflect on all the hurdles, and disappointments of 2010. I gushed over the blessings. Some started out as little sparks in the beginning of the year, only to become true gifts in disguise. I've met some wonderful people, sold more books than I actually thought I could, and garnered wonderful responses and feedback to the stories I've written. Not to mention garnered 'Thank You's' from people who I didn't realize I was helping. Can you believe it? I actually mentored several people into finishing, and publishing their own books? Go figure. Life never seems to amaze me.

LOOKING TO THE POSSIBILITIES

After such a monumental ride of highs and lows from 2010, I truly am humbled and don't know where I'm going with this new year. But here are some of the goals I've written down that I know are attainable - (given that Murphy's law doesn't inject itself in the plan and muck it all up, lol!)

Writing Goals:

Finish 3 more manuscripts this year. Promote BANDITS, which comes out this June, 2011 (Click here and take a peek - also has our debut author F. RAUSHAWN's short story in there as a treat. ) As well as edit the two I've finished (I've finished the sequel to THE PACK which is called THE PACK-RETRIBUTION and the sequel to EXPLORER X called EXPLORER X-BETA). Just started a new book called ... darn, my co-writer doesn't want me giving out the name yet.

Blogging Goals:


Review more YA books and get my YA book reviewer NYIA more involved. Do more contest, and build my following to 200 (*wink*)

Mentoring Goals:


Become more involved in YALITCHAT (www.yalitchat.ning.com) and mentoring other writers. Join a YA writer's group or start my own using (www.meetup.com). Get more involved with MWA and start some promotional programs to help other authors reach success.

Life Goals:


Continue to be a better me. Grow from my experiences. Keep smiling, and give back in anyway I can. Save some darn money, Do my Hot Air Balloon Ride (yep, you heard me this is one of the last things on my dream list), and take my family to Hawaii (lol!).

WHAT ARE YOUR DREAM LIST? GOALS FOR 2011?

6 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

Great goals, LM. I'll follow your 2011 progress along the way. Hope you make every one of those things come true.

E. Arroyo said...

These are awesome goals. And I'm glad you used the word humbled. It reminded me that though I have yet to achieve all my goals, I am glad where I am at right now. Humbled.

Thanks for sharing this.

Razib Ahmed said...

You have some good goals and hopefully, you can get all of them in 2011. May you have good success with your ventures. Happy New year

Kelly Hashway said...

Good luck with all your goals. I'll be searching for an agent, revising my WIP, and promoting my upcoming picture book. I also plan to begin a completely new manuscript.

LM Preston said...

I know all of you will achieve them. I'm a great cheerleader so I'll be watching and cheering you on!

Bidisha said...

I don't do resolutions, but I'm really hoping to finish my book this time and start querying.

I hope you have a great year, LM!