Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chronicle - Movie Review



FANDANGO BLURB:
Andrew (Dane DeHaan) is a socially awkward, introverted teen whose main form of escape and expression is a video camera. But things begin to change when Andrew, his cousin Matt (Alex Russell) and popular classmate Steve (Michael B. Jordan) discover a mysterious substance that leaves them with incredible powers. As their abilities become more powerful, the teens' lives spin out of control when their darker sides begin to emerge. Andrew's camera captures the unfolding events.

MY REVIEW:

WOW! This one TOTALLY surprised me. I'm a super hero fan. Okay - fanatic (a little) but this movie blew my mind. Mainly because the way it was filmed made you feel like you were actually with the characters during this. I mean, I felt like part of the gang. Not to mention they became real and likeable to me. Also, it seemed realistic the way the boys characters developed, changed and made mistakes. Also the interaction between the boys seemed natural and reminded me of how my son is with his friends. The way it unfolds into a climatic end just - Wow! So you know what I'm giving this don't you? I FREAKIN' give it 5 shots out of 5. Ye-ah baby!

7 comments:

Alison DeLuca said...

I really want to see this!

Kelly Hashway said...

When I saw this preview on TV, I thought, the book is probably a lot better. Now, I'm thinking I might have to give it a try.

Catherine Stine said...

Seems like a good film to study for YA moves.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I haven't seen this yet. I'm a little wary of the hand held camera. All that bouncing around makes me woosy ;)

LM Preston said...

It's not bouncy and you see all aspects of the story. It's like they actually learned from the big mistake that was Cloverfield.

brandileigh2003 said...

Thanks for review. I wanna watch this now.

Laura Diamond said...

I have wanted to see this...now maybe I'll make sure to see it! ;)