Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

Teen Book Reviewer NYIA's in the house!http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif



Amazon Blurb:
In an America devastated by war and plague, the only way to survive is to keep moving.

In the aftermath of a war, America’s landscape has been ravaged and two-thirds of the population left dead from a vicious strain of influenza. Fifteen-year-old Stephen Quinn and his family were among the few that survived and became salvagers, roaming the country in search of material to trade. But when Stephen’s grandfather dies and his father falls into a coma after an accident, Stephen finds his way to Settler’s Landing, a community that seems too good to be true. Then Stephen meets strong, defiant, mischievous Jenny, who refuses to accept things as they are. And when they play a prank that goes horribly wrong, chaos erupts, and they find themselves in the midst of a battle that will change Settler’s Landing--and their lives--forever.

NYIA's Review:

I have read a lot of dystopian books and this one is pretty good. I liked Stephen a lot and he made me want to keep reading. He was confused after what happened. I also felt like even though things were really bad in this world the characters still had hope that everything would be fine. I didn't think that the kids acted like most teenagers would have acted. It didn't make sense why Tom Will was so mean to the other settlers. It also had a lot of dry spots. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:

Catherine Stine said...

LOOOVVVE this book cover, and I've enjoyed Jeff's posts over at his blog. Okay, I'm going to get this for my Kindle Fire!

Catherine Stine said...

LM, I just bought Bandits too! Love that new cover. Looking forward to reading it.

LM Preston said...

Yay! I loved this cover also I got the ARC at BEA and it's signed :-D