Monday, February 27, 2012

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - Movie Review



Fandango Blurb:
Now 17, Sean Anderson (Josh Hutcherson) receives a coded distress signal from an island where no island should exist. Knowing that he will not be able to dissuade Sean from tracking the signal to its source, Hank (Dwayne Johnson), Sean's new stepfather, joins the teen on a quest to the South Pacific. Together with helicopter pilot Gabato (Luis Guzmán) and Gabato's feisty daughter, Kailani (Vanessa Hudgens), they set out to find the island and rescue its sole human inhabitant (Michael Caine).
Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Michael Caine, Josh Hutcherson
Director: Brad Peyton
Genres: Action/Adventure

My Review:
I'm biased. I love, love, love Dwayne Johnson. But, I went to this movie for my kids. The movie was cute, had great role model parents (The Rock - of course) and had a healthy taste of action. It started off with the typical kid not digging the step-dad (the gorgeous step dad I may add, like who's mom gets lucky enough to marry a hung with bulging muscles who loves her kid and her abundantly...or sorry I digress - It could happen.). There was some funny parts, cutsie parts and it was somewhat predictable, but my kids 14yrs, 10yrs and 8yrs loved it. They gave it a 4 stars out of 5 stars and my husband (The Rocker - hater) gave it a 3 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

Catherine Stine said...

From the movie poster image, I can see why kids would go for this! Looks fun, and fast-paced. The mysterious island that no one can find, sounds LOST-inspired.