Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Means War - Movie Review

I was so excited that the meetup group I joined 'Movies and More' got pre-screening tickets to this movie you would have thought I won the lotto.



SCREEN RANT:

The basic premise for This Means War – ie. two CIA agents find out they’re dating the same woman – sounds like a variation on Mr. and Mrs. Smith… albeit, somehow even more (intentionally) ridiculous. So it’s perhaps appropriate that Smith co-scriber Simon Kingberg had a hand in scripting this new action-comedy, which was helmed by McG (the Charlie’s Angels movies).

Now we have an official trailer for This Means War, which focuses primarily on selling the film’s stylized action sequences – though, it still manages to cram in some laughs here and there.



This Means War stars Chris Pine (a.k.a. young Captain Kirk in the Star Trek reboot) and Tom Hardy – soon to be known as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises – as “the world’s deadliest CIA operatives” and BFFs. However, the two agents eventually start utilizing their technical skills and advanced spy gadgetry to defeat one another in the battle for the heart of a woman named Lauren (Reese Witherspoon) who is dating the pair simultaneously.

MY REVIEW:

This had comedy, romance, action, and it was just plain cute. Great 'Date Movie'! I took my husband and we went with over 38 members of our meetup movie crew. Male and females watched the movie, laughed with the movie, and gushed with the movie. It was just enough action with bad guys to keep the guys interested. Also great chemistry with all 3 characters. Not to mention eye candy for the ladies and female humor that made both men and women laugh out loud. My guy gave this a 4 'fist pump' and I gave it a 4.5 'dreamy sigh'.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time (and a great Meetup group too!). Might have to give this one a watch!

Speaking of spy movies, just saw the new 'Bourne' movie trailer and it blew me away! I didn't know what the series would without Matt Damon (I'm a fan of both), but it certainly looks promising.

I'd be excited to screen a movie too!

EJ

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting movie. Gotta put it on my to-see list. Thanks for the synopsis and review!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Sounds like a movie to switch off the brain and simply enjoy.