Thursday, November 4, 2010

THE CLASS RING



Alright, time to go back down memory lane. WERE IS YOUR HIGH SCHOOL CLASS RING? Ah-ha! You don’t remember do you? Well….neither do I.

WHY EVEN BOTHER GETTING ONE IN YOUR JUNIOR YEAR

The class ring is a big deal. A right of passage for a Junior in high school, showing that you are just under 1 year from the rest of your life, or that the best years of your life is just under 2 years away.

THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR CLASS RING

Wear it every single day you are in high school. Just don’t let your girlfriend or boyfriend wear it, borrow it, take it or sell it :-D Keep it by wearing it, so get something that is nice and not to gaudy that you wouldn’t mind wearing most of the time. When you are tired of wearing it, put it on your necklace. Also, don’t pay too much for it. I made the fatal mistake of purchasing a rather expensive one for my kid and now I regret it. Truth is if the boy loses it I will totally freak out. No kidding – freak the heck out.

WILL YOU EVEN WANT THE THING AFTER COLLEGE?

Truth is, if you go to college, your college ring will outshine the high school ring – for awhile. But when you have your own kids, and you are picking out their class ring with them… if you still have your high school class ring – you just may tear up when you pull it out to remember those wonder days of high school.

9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

This is all so true. I can't even remember the last time I saw my ring. I'm sure it was lost through the decades.

Such a waste.

Melanie said...

I didn't get one. The private school I was at for 11th grade didn't do rings and then I went to a different HS in a different state for my senior year. Don't remember anyone saying anything about rings, but perhaps they got them in 11th grade? Not sure.

Elizabeth Kolodziej said...

I was suppose to get one and never did. I still want to get it though. I am very sentimental ... :)

Liz ^_^
www.vampyrekisses.com

April Plummer said...

Ahaha! My mom bought us each one, and I wore it every day until I lost it. I think I remember it having something to do with my then boyfriend. The idea of whom makes me cringe now. My mom was not happy, to say the least.

Melissa said...

We had class rings at my school but it wasn't really a big thing. I think maybe one or two people actually bought one.

Maybe it just isn't as big a deal in Canada... I don't know.

Katie Ashley said...

HAHA, I love this post. Being a HS teacher, I see the ads for HS rings all the time, see my kids wearing them, etc. Mine is at home in a jewelry box....haven't worn it since HS or really thought about it. Okay, I did think about it when I put it on my finger and found it didn't fit with the post HS weight gain, lol.

Interesting though! LOL

PK HREZO said...

I wish I hadn't even have bothered with a class ring... what a waste. It' bulky, ugly and I only wore it for a year. My best friend was smart--she picked a class ring that didn't look like a class ring. We all thought she was silly, I mean, why wouldn't she want a normal looking class ring.LOL! She's the only one who wore hers well into her adulthood years.

But your post gives me a great idea of how to weave class rings into my new story. Thanks!!

Jessie Harrell said...

pretty sure my class ring is in a jewelry box in storage. guarantee I never wore it once I got to college. never bothered with the college ring. frankly, there are lots better looking rings for girls than class rings. and they have real diamonds, if you know what I mean... ;)

wahab said...

Free Tattoo Removal, Designs & Ideas tattoo removal scars cosmetic lip tattooing best Aztec tattoos.Man with van provides Removal Services at Cheap Moving rates.
Storage Preston