Tuesday, July 27, 2010

JOHN KUDRICK, Editor - PARTY GUEST



Please welcome John, who's an awesome editor that was a guest Editor at the Maryland Writer's Association (MWA)

John David Kudrick is an editor and wordsmith who offers a full scope of services to authors, from manuscript evaluations and developmental editing to copyediting and book proposal development. With more than a decade of editorial/writing experience and a master’s degree in writing, John David has been privileged to work with some of the finest publishers in the nation, including David C. Cook, NavPress, Realms Fiction, Marcher Lord Press, and Whitaker House – where, as senior editor, he worked on James Byron Huggins’ Nightbringer, a book that Library Journal named one of its annual top five Christian novels. To date, John David has had the opportunity to serve as editor on 75 published titles, including both non-fiction and fiction.

How are you diggin the party?

Good stuff! My first virtual party, and I'm liking it.


Tell me about yourself?

In a nutshell, I'm all about God, my wonderful wife, our three peanuts, fiction (reading, writing, and editing it), fitness, and getting outdoors to enjoy nature, especially if it involves a fishing pole in my hands. In terms of career, I've worked at a monthly newsmag, a daily newspaper, a book publisher, a marketing firm, and now for myself as a full-time freelance editor/writer (see next question).


Are you in the book business? What do you do?

Indeed I am. Right now, I'm a self-employed freelance editor/writer who works mostly on fiction book manuscripts, although I am more than happy to help out with non-fiction, too. I do everything from initial evaluations and offering guidance to authors, all the way to the nitty-gritty of copyediting and proofreading. I also help authors with query letters, proposal packages, and marketing copy. And I do it all from my IKEA standing work station in a corner of our bedroom, which is where I am typing this right now.


Have you read any of LM Preston’s books? Say something smashingly great about LM Preston or her books.

Right in the middle of The Pack now (even read it in the chiropractor's waiting room today), and if I wanted to describe LM Preston as a writer with one phrase, it would be: An unbelievably wild and creative imagination that seems to have no bounds.


What are you currently working on?
As a book editor, I am working on a fantasy with dwarves, witches, and men; another fantasy with dragons, elves, and men; a YA vampire novel; an international thriller; a chick-lit novel that I am in absolute awe of; and a Christian living book on spirituality. As a writer, I'm working on an e-newsletter for a Middle Eastern department of tourism and some website copy for a humanitarian aid organization that also happens to be based in the Middle East.


Big things in your future?
Lots more editing projects coming down the pipeline, but I am determined to make time for my own fiction writing. So I have my sights set on being published and throwing my own virtual book-release party (thanks for the great idea, LM, and thanks for having me as a guest!).

Find out more about John David:
www.johndavidkudrick.com

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK of WEEKLY GIVEAWAY PARTY FAVORS! CLICK HERE and send your contact information to the publisher for your freebies. Go to the PARTY BLOG click here

No comments: